Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time.
Altaware, Inc. collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Altaware, Inc. collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
• To understand customer needs regarding Altaware, Inc.’s services
• To fulfill your requests for products, services or information
• To communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Altaware, Inc., its affiliates and third parties
• To allow customers to access limited-entry areas of Altaware, Inc.’s site
• To personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted messages and offers from Altaware, Inc. and approved third parties
• To bill accounts and maintain payment records
• To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request
• To respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Altaware, Inc. site or any Altaware, Inc. product or service
• To protect the services, products or rights of Altaware, Inc., including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Altaware, Inc. site
• To identify and resolve technical problems concerning the Altaware, Inc. site, products and services
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
Altaware, Inc. limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. Altaware, Inc. does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
When you visit the Altaware, Inc. web site, a cookie may be placed on your computer or the cookie may be read if you have visited the Altaware, Inc. site or other sites managed by Altaware, Inc. previously. This may be done to determine which products and services you have already purchased so that Altaware, Inc. does not provide redundant information to you. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the Altaware, Inc. web site, you may not be able to view all the text on the screens, or to experience a personalized visit, or to subscribe to certain service and product offerings on the Altaware, Inc. site.
Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Altaware, Inc. does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
• A very limited amount, and in very few cases, to Altaware, Inc.’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on the behalf of Altaware, Inc. for any of the Identified Purposes
• As necessary if Altaware, Inc. has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Altaware, Inc.’s rights or property, other users of Altaware, Inc.’s web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities
• To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law
• In the event that Altaware, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States, or in any other country in which Altaware, Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Altaware, Inc. will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Altaware, Inc.’s compliance with any applicable law.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Altaware, Inc. will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing Altaware, Inc. about changes to their personal information. Altaware, Inc. will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
Altaware, Inc. will use reasonable efforts to protect customers’ personal information.
Access to Personal Information
Altaware, Inc. will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by writing to:
26522 La Alameda, Suite 180
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
If Altaware, Inc. is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney/client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Altaware, Inc. as described above. Altaware, Inc. will promptly correct such personal information.